Coronavirus has affected just about everyone and every business – none more than the health and fitness industry.
Just read the latest Fitness Industry report on the impact Coronavirus has had on the fitness industry.
So with most businesses closed for now (though things are slowly changing), I have made a list of the top 10 things to do before you reopen.
1. Clean up your house
2. Clean up your business
3. Start planning
4. Welcome back promo
5. Keep in regular touch with members
6. Check in with staff
- All businesses have had to stand down employees with less than 10% of staff still working
- 81% has lost their job or main source of income
- 71% had not had a single client since gyms closed on 23 March 2020
- 44% of respondents has lost more than 61 per cent of their income
7. Put in place gym safety and hygiene procedures
8. Keep yourself physically and mentally strong
9. Learn something new
10. Stay positive!
Maybe this is the most important thing of all – staying positive is a core ingredient in the recipe of successfully coping in a crisis.
It’s too early to say what the impact will be on offline fitness membership numbers, but logic would dictate that once coronavirus anxiety subsides, these new legions of fitness fans will be eager to escape the confines of their homes and embrace the thrill of live fitness experiences. So make sure you are ready for that moment.